A letter from our CEO Ross Bailey
23 mars 2020
To our global community of entrepreneurs,
As we face up to the full impact of the current crisis, many of you have had to make the incredibly tough decision to put your businesses on hold and are shuttering shops to fight the spread of Covid-19.
We all know how powerful and precious our real-life experiences are; that freedom to touch, feel and connect. It’s in the arena of our streets that our communities come together, they're places where we can feel like we belong. So the following months in isolation will be tough for all of us.
I want you to know, our team will be here for you in every way we can because your ideas, your businesses, will be more needed than ever when this has passed.
Business owners like you are the heart of Appear Here, and we always want to do everything in our power to support you. Here are the actions we’re taking and resources you can use to help navigate this challenging time.
Flexible cancellations, for your peace of mind
– Don’t stop dreaming: If you're planning ahead (post-isolation), you will be able to see the landlord's cancellation policy on each space listing. This policy is effective for every booking made after 18 March 2020.
– If you already booked with us: For bookings with a start date between 19 March 2020 and 30 April 2020, we’re reaching out to our landlord community to ask them to allow cancellations or postponements. See more here.
Expert advice from people who care
– Appear Here’s Genius Bar: Think Apple meets an Agony Aunt. We know the situation is moving fast, and you need advice on all parts of your business. So we’ll be assembling a panel of retail experts to answer your questions, from our concierge team to marketing pros, and even HR. Ask away.
– Trusted resources: To cut through the noise, our editorial team will be curating a daily list of places where you can find business support, funding and government initiatives.
Windows of opportunity
We’ve always believed that every empty space is an opportunity to share your idea. However, we are now faced with an unexpected void. But this can also be an opportunity to re-think, re-invent and re-evaluate your plans. Your hopes, dreams and aspirations may be on hold but they're not ending. Until this has passed – and it will – make sure you continue to find space to be inspired.
– Space for Ideas extended: If you’ve had to postpone your project but are dreaming of new openings, we’ll be extending the chance for you to win a free store. There will be more opportunities to bring your ideas to life when the time comes. Stay tuned for an update next week.
– Messages of inspiration: In difficult times, we can still find space for inspiration. Send us a note of encouragement for your city to email@example.com and we'll put it on the windows of our empty storefronts.
Throughout history, we have seen that in times of great struggle the entrepreneurial spirit always rises stronger. Together we’ll make it through, and we at Appear Here will be right here ready to help you seize the opportunity ahead.
Until then, stay safe.
Founder & CEO, Appear Here