Bar & Restaurant
Set up shop around the corner from one the iconic Martin Luther King Boulevard and one of the most famous Soul food restaurants in the city and well-known stores and bars including American Eagle, Red Rooster and Whole Foods. This Harlem shop space (formerly home to Verizon) is available to rent for retail, events or showroom use.
This neighborhood may celebrate its African American roots like nowhere else, but its growing music, culinary, and nightlife scene is steadily attracting visitors from all over. Quirky folk and trendy students from all over the city descend upon its iconic streets to visit the many galleries and monumental jazz clubs that Harlem has to offer. The weekends are busiest with people heading to places like the popular Chuck E. Cheese’s or St Nicholas Deli, which is open 24 hours a day.
This space sits in the centre of town and is one block away from Sylvia’s, a Harlem institution that’s been serving up Soul food since 1962 and frequently has queues out of the door. There is a metro stop right outside on 125th street.
Sidewalks and Common Areas
1. Merchandise and materials of any kind may not be placed, exhibited or displayed outside of Tenant's demised premises without Landlord's prior written approval.
2. Merchandise may not be stored outside Tenant's premises.
3. Tenant shall not throw, discard or deposit any paper, glass or extraneous matter of any kind except in designated receptacles, or create litter or hazards of any kind.
4. Tenant is responsible for the storage and removal of trash, refuse and garbage.
5. Trash placed in a designated location within the loading dock for pick up must be in a closed water tight container or in Landlord's discretion placed in tied off and secure plastic trash bags.
6. All pick-up and delivery activities shall be made in a manner that does not inhibit the flow of automobile and pedestrian traffic, in a manner consistent with local law and in the designated area in accordance with the Lease.
7. Tenant shall not leave merchandise or equipment (i.e. trash receptacles, pallet jacks, dollies, etc.) unattended in any common area (loading areas, back hallways, etc.) of the Premises.
8. Tractor trailers or other vehicles may not be stored or parked in any area that is not designated for the exclusive use of Tenant.
9. Tenant shall not permit or suffer the use of any advertising medium which can be heard or experienced outside of the Premises, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, flashing lights, searchlights, loud speakers, phonographs, radios or television.
10. Tenant shall not permit or suffer merchandise of any kind at any time to be placed, exhibited or displayed outside its Premises, nor shall Tenant use the exterior sidewalks or exterior walkways of its Premises to display, store or place any merchandise. No sale of merchandise by tent sale, truck load sale or the like, shall be permitted on parking lot or other Common Areas.
11. Tenant shall not, in or on any part of the Common Areas:
a. Vend, peddle or solicit orders for sale or distribution of any merchandise, device, service, periodical, book, pamphlet or other matter whatsoever;
b. Exhibit any sign, placard, banner, notice or other written material, except for activities as approved in writing by landlord and only in such areas as approved.;
c. Distribute any circular, booklet, handbill, placard or other material, except for activities as approved in writing by Landlord and only in such areas as approved;
d. Solicit membership in any organization, group or association or contribution for any purpose;
e. Use Common Areas for any purpose when none of the other retail establishments within the Retail Project is open for business or employment, except for activities as approved in writing by Landlord and only in such areas as approved;
f. Create a nuisance;
g. Deface, damage or demolish any sign, light standard or fixture, landscaping materials or other improvement within the Retail Project, or the property of customers, business invitees or employees sitl1;ated within the Retail Project.
Signage and Printed Materials
12. Handwritten signs, either inside or outside of the store, are not permitted.
13. Except as otherwise provided in the Lease, Tenant shall not permit or suffer to permit any advertising (pamphlets, handouts, posters, etc.) to be placed on base building walls, on Tenant's windows or walls, on standards within any common area, on the sidewalks around the premises, or on any light or sign poles on the premises but the foregoing shall not prohibit Tenant from placing in its windows professionally designed and prepared signs, posters, promotions or other advertising.
14. Sign holders or store fixtures shall not extend beyond the lease line of the premises.
This space used to be an office so you'll need to get creative to transform it for retail.
At Appear Here we believe in the personal touch, which is why everyone gets matched to a Concierge who is there to help you find the perfect space for your idea.